Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tool Academy


I just HAVE to write about this show. So, last night I watched the first episode of VH1's Tool Academy. First off, I think the show should be called DOUCHEBAGS. These guys... wow. These guys are the epitome of assholes. One dude's name is M.E.G.A., which stands for: Makes Every Girl Aroused.. SERIOUSLY? Another one is named MatsuFLEX.. No,really.. SERIOUSLY?!?!

Anyway, the guys are interviewed, thinking they're going to be competing for the title of "Mr. Awesome". They are asked about their dating techniques and their relationship status. They all admitted to having long-term girlfriends, but most of them bragged about bringing home random women from clubs and having sex with them, without their girlfriends' knowledge. One guy said he had a woman for every day of the week and his girlfriend was his "bottom bitch". Another douche claimed he had his girlfriend "trained"; trained to do the dishes, trained to do laundry, and trained to clean his apartment. The worst one, IMO, was when they showed a clip of one girlfriend saying that she wanted her jackass boyfriend to settle down and commit. Then, they cut away to her boyfriend, the first thing he says: "I'm not gonna settle down. I can't commit!" LOL So, basically these guys are trying to prove to themselves and their girlfriends that they are not total tools. These guys suck at life, this challenge isn't going to prove anything. Just how disrespectful they are to women and how conceited they are.
Anyway, what I'm getting at is shows like this make me so appreciative for what I have in my life, a wonderful boyfriend. Evan doesn't care about what he looks like or what he wears. He doesn't have to look in the mirror every 5 minutes or gel his hair to sculpted perfection. He lets me know every single day how much he cares about me and how much I mean to him. Evan makes me feel like such a special girl, it's been amazing having him in my life. We do have our fights, but we usually get over them in 10 minutes or less. We have the most beautiful kind of relationship. We can joke around like the best of friends, trust each other like the perfect boyfriend and girlfriend, and communicate as if we we've known each other our whole lives.
I know I am so incredibly lucky to have found Evan. I've known from the very beginning of our relationship that we were destined for greatness. :)


Another thing that's been on my mind is the recent "scandal" of Oprah's weight gain. The media/tabloids have made the biggest hoopla, circus show out of this, it's just plain stupid. And the fact that Oprah is APOLOGIZING for her weight gain is what makes it so much more worse. Instead of encouraging women to be happy with their weight and just eat healthy, she's making normal women feel completely guilty about themselves and their bodies. Oprah should forget about what she looks like and just worry about her health. She just seems so pathetic, crying about gaining weight. I'm sorry, Oprah, but crying isn't going to fix your yo-yo dieting habits. How about you exercise and eat healthy, or just get gastric bypass surgery...? The hell with it, we all know you can afford it.

My rant is over. Thanks for reading.

1 comment: